Wednesday, February 17

CNY 2016

As Chinese New Year is approaching there will be lots of event & celebration. Its gonna be eating all the way down. I have already made prior booking on myself. HAHA Two weeks before CNY I've been getting invitation for birthday party, pre new year dinner & lots of eating session. I might as well just open a restaurant so I'm not the one that gets fat -.- 


Henry's 21st Birthday! It was a concert party!


Wan Wan 21st Birthday Party! 


Uncle's Garry Recipe! 



Father Paul's Birthday Dinner!

I went back to Sandakan this year with my family. As you guys know I was sick so my parents were worried about me being alone in KK during CNY. So I went back with hesitant. HAHA Its all because I don't want to get fat during CNY. Sandakan was always known for amazing food. Although most shop were closed during CNY but luckily we were early 2 days. Managed to get some foodies!


As we arrived Sandakan on Saturday afternoon we manage to get some food at Pasar Kim Fung. I was so happy so see lots of stall still opens. Usually we went back Sandakan at the wrong timing, all shops & market were closed. Water chestnut, black sesame, taufufa & assorted fried savory dishes & pancakes! Delicious!


I just love Yee Sang!


Dad suggested my bro & I pay for the dinner when we were in Sandakan as appreciation to my uncles & aunties. So I called & discuss with my Aunt on the restaurant & food we were gonna book. The food were delicious & beyond expectation. I always proclaim myself a food blogger or foodies person but I somehow just get rid of it. I got so focus on eating I didn't manage to take the rest of the food we ordered.


Waking up to this view every day! Surrounded by trees & fresh air.


Short visit at English Tea House.


Usually in KK fried dumpling were sold at night but in Sandakan they started at 11am in the morning until night. Its good for me to get my craving fixed, filled with good amount of juicy meat with the price of 80sen each which is expensive. 



At night we feast! It was on the Sunday night to celebrate the coming of Chinese New Year! My family kept the tradition for making at least 8 to 10 dishes for CNY. It is to say it brings fortune & all the dishes are somehow have few meanings to it. 




We had vegetarian breakfast in the morning of 1st CNY & tang yuen for lunch! You guys can read my post of how to make glutinous rice balls! HERE!


ITS A PASSION FRUIT! I love this fruit! At first I thought that my aunt bought a ready made concentrated juice from supermarket. But when I heard it was fresh from our backyard I just had to go look for it. Passion fruit doesn't grow on trees btw.


Found this 10% melted Gameboy in the drawer! Such gem! 


Teaches my mom how to pose the right way & she look tall & slim. Posing right do the right trick! HAHA My mom was really happy about it! Praising me HAHA I have been eating from the 1st of Feb until the day I'm back in KK. I basically gained 2kg. I have been avoiding snacks as much as possible. Everyone gained weight, its a happiness so I won't feel guilty for being fat alone. We were spending our days & night eating, sleep & repeat the same thing for the whole week in Sandakan. I have been relaxing my mind & body, so its all good! Taking my time to heal properly. Its been good!


Till then,
Cheers & God Bless


No comments:

Post a Comment